HVAC Piping Drafter
Reports to: Manager of Design Build Department
We are currently seeking a HVAC Piping Drafter with a passion for commercial construction to join our team in the Louisville office. In this role you would prepare HVAC piping and equipment drawings to aid in field installation and prefabrication drawings. Additionally, you will oversee and/or participate in 3D clash detection and coordinate with project managers to ensure design requirements and field needs are being met. The ideal candidate will possess a desire for growth, long-term thinking and relationship building skills to ensure we are the preferred provider of superior mechanical solutions.
- Modeling HVAC systems (duct, piping, equipment, etc.) in Revit or AutoCAD.
- Participate / Lead 3D clash detection
- Prepare mechanical drawing sets for permitting and construction.
- Generate spool sheets for prefabrication
- Take direction from and support Senior Engineers.
- Perform coordination across multiple trades.
- Maintain project documentation and records.
- Manage time to meet project schedules.
2-year technical degree or equipvalent experience in the field. Expertise in computer operation for engineering design programs (i.e. Revit MEP, AutoCAD, Navisworks) preferred. Computer skills experience to also include: Microsoft Office suite, (with emphasis on Word and Excel) Adobe Writer, and basic Windows operating system environment. Ability to work independently. Good organizational skills with attention to detail. Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with both internal and external customers. Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage a large and diverse portfolio of projects with professionalism, cooperation, and persistence.