Design Build Mechanical Engineer
Reports to: Manager of Design Build Department
We are currently seeking a Design/Build Mechanical Engineer with a passion for commercial construction to join our team in the Louisville office.
In this role, you will:
- Develop plumbing, piping, and HVAC designs to the point that material and labor can be estimated.
- On successful projects, develop these designs into construction documents.
This role will require you to interpret and utilize information gathered from facility owners, project partners, field surveys, and code research.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- a desire for growth
- long-term thinking skills
- relationship building skills
- Design HVAC and Plumbing systems for commercial, industrial, and healthcare facilities
- Develop project budgets and/or estimates and provide clearly written proposals
- Prepare construction documents including equipment submittals, construction drawings, details, specifications, state submittals and calculations.
- Be knowledgeable of the Mechanical, Plumbing and Energy Codes
- Coordinate with architects, general contractors, and facility owners.
- Field surveys of existing mechanical and plumbing systems
- Review and approve of Plumbing and HVAC equipment mechanical submittals.
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing RFI’s during the construction process.
- Assume the Lead HVAC and plumbing designer’s role on assigned projects.
- Use engineering and design computer software to complete assigned work (i.e. Autodesk Revit MEP & AutoCAD)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, plus one to three years designing HVAC and/or plumbing systems,
- PE license or ability to become licensed,
- Expertise in Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks preferred.
- Computer skills experience with:
- Microsoft Office suite, (with emphasis on Word and Excel)
- Adobe Writer
- Windows operating system environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills
Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage a large and diverse portfolio of projects.